link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.dmaestazonline.com"

Random Thoughts Of Yet Another Military Member

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Shameless Plug

I just got back from the shooting range, Markleys indoor range and gun shop in Watsonville, CA. I was quite impressed with there selection and prices on firearms. The main reason I went is I needed to relieve some stress thats been building up from the last week, and what a better way to do that is shooting off some rounds at a paper target (at least it is for me). I have been drooling over this gun, Sig Arms P220 classic full size .45 ACP Semi auto. I have fired alot of different kinds of handguns, but the Sig has to be the cadillac in my book (I am not including the specialized .45 makers out there who sell for 2 grand and above, that would be a Rolls-Royce in my book). Now the only bad part about the Sig, is that your going to pay a premium for it, which for the P220 is about $800 base (price can go up considerable if you add any accessories like night sights, short trigger, etc...) Before I make a decision I may also try the Sig in 9mm and .40 S&W but probably going to avoid the .357 (main reason is I am looking for a home defense/casual target shooter, and a .357 is a little to big for me, I am 5'5" and weigh about 150lbs so it may be too much gun for me)