link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.dmaestazonline.com"

Random Thoughts Of Yet Another Military Member

Friday, January 27, 2006

About Damn Time

After reading this, needless to say I was overjoyed, because it's about damn time the military decided to get rid of the Beretta M9 9mm pistol and go back to the .45 pistols of old, well maybe not the old 1911 frames of old, but they have a few specifications to be met, like able to hold a 15 round clip (most likely a double stack clip as well as the 8 round single stack clip) and needs a rail up top to hold attachments and able be able to hold a silencer. They plan to designate it as a JCP (Joint Combat Pistol) that will have to serve the needs of all branches as well as SPECOPS as well. The Specops people have been able to procure there own weapons but I think they want to standardize all the sidearms, hence the need for it being able to a silencer being used. I am thinking with the specifications needed, my best guess on the manufacturers would probably be Heckler and Koch, Sig Arms (which I am very partial too, see this post here) or even possibly a Ruger. I am hoping for them to choose Sig myself only because its the best that I have shot yet but I may just go shoot a H&K on monday to see if it's as enjoyable as the Sig. Like I said, about damn time.